Friday, October 17, 2014

Its Not a Contest

Have you ever looked at a friend, loved one, church family member and thought:

"Wow, I wish I was as close to God as they are."
"Why don't I just get it like that?"
"I must be a heathen, look at how Godly they are compared to me."

I do. I especially do this as I watch my husband draw closer to God at this season of his life. It was bad the other night. I decided it was time time to take a step back.

First of all, we all grow in Christ at different rates and on different pathways. Just as we are born onto earth at different times, we are born into the Kingdom of God at different times. So many things influence our spiritual growth. We meed to realize that those feelings of jealousy toward another's walk with God is jealousy and nothing but sin.

The sooner we recognize this, the faster we are reminded of His words to us.  

1 John 1:8 - If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
Admit your feelings for what they are, and ask to be forgiven.

Romans 3:8 - There is none righteous. Not even one.
Remember we all sin and fall short of God's glory. Remember that this person your are thinking about has saved by the same blood as you, and without the undeserving sacrifice of Jesus, they would be doomed for the same death that you would be.

Instead, fill your heart with joy. This person is your brother or sister in Christ, and we should rejoice with them.  Save your heartache for those who have yet to find the path to everlasting life and forgiveness. Don't forget, anytime you start hearing those questions in your mind about your walk with God, it's the enemy trying his best to bring you down. Keep God in the victory!

Love and Prayers,

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment