Friday, February 13, 2015

Powerful

Raised in a Christian home, I was taught at a young age to pray. Pray at mealtime. Pray at bedtime. But, like a lot of young Christians, I had to grow closer to God and get deeper in His word to find prayer's hidden power.

You see Daniel demonstrate it in Daniel 6:10 -

Now when Daniel knew that the document was signed, he entered his house (now in his roof chamber he had windows open toward Jerusalem); and he continued kneeling on his knees three times a day, praying and giving thanks before his God, as he had been doing previously.

You read any number of times that Moses prays to God, like in  Exodus 17: 4-6 - 

 So Moses cried out to the Lord, saying, “What shall I do to this people? A little more and they will stone me.” Then the Lord said to Moses, “Pass before the people and take with you some of the elders of Israel; and take in your hand your staff with which you struck the Nile, and go. Behold, I will stand before you there on the rock at Horeb; and you shall strike the rock, and water will come out of it, that the people may drink.” And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.

There are so many examples, but none are more profound on the heart than those that happen to you, and they do.

When you just sit and think about prayer, its the sweetest, most genuine conversation you will ever have in your life, with your creator. With the one who loves you more than any other. Ever. With the one, the only one, who can make anything happen. Its enough to take your breath away, such an amazing gift to have an unbreakable, an unifiable connection with our heavenly father. 

And yet, so many of us don't use this gift to its full extent. We only pray, as we were originally taught, at mealtime, at bedtime. We miss the opportunity for guidance, for comfort, all throughout every day, through every sleepless night. We miss the chance for private celebration, for grace, for healing. 

There was a time I wouldn't ask  for prayers from others. It was the same sort of pride you get all puffed up with over asking someone for help. Then, in a Sunday School class, I was the recipient of prayer over a medical scare and it was transforming. I felt the love of my classmates pour over me as I watched a miracle with my health take over my body. It was a breathtaking experience that I am forever grateful for. It was also when I truly realized that as I got on my knees for my friends and loved ones, I can humbly ask for intersession as well, for there is nothing sweeter than carrying another's burdens before the throne. 

The closer your walk becomes with the Lord, the more of these payers you will see fulfilled, in ways you could never imagine. Your heart will overflow from the power. Who else but our God could makes us stronger by bringing us to our knees? 


Mark 11:24  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Love and Prayers,

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment